Updating appsSupport

1. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

2 questions, how can you see what's new in an app when you're updating it? Can't see that information anywhere when I update on the nexus, but it shows when I update on my HTC one x.

And how can you stop an app from wanting to update? I like the older version of YouTube that came with the tablet rather than the update they've just released - and its a lot easier to update the apps by pushing the update button when there's more than 1 rather than clicking update on each single one!

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Only way I know to see what's in a new update is to use your browser to go to the play store instead of the play store app. Somewhere in the play store settings you can turn off auto-updates, or go to the store for whatever app you don't want to update and uncheck the auto update box.
  3. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

There are - as far as I can see - two ways you can cancel auto-update of Apps.

Individually:

When you download an app - there is a check box which says "automatically allow the app to update". Uncheck it. As for what changes that an update to an app is bringing - if you have set the permissions to ask you before updating, then a box comes up which lists all the changes contained in that update. The idea, I guess, is to review the updates and then to permit the app to update.

Collectively:

To manually update apps via the Play store, open the Play store on your device. Look for Settings under which there is an option which says Auto-Update Apps. Uncheck it. There is one for Widgets too. Hope this helps.

Edit:

"And how can you stop an app from wanting to update?" Just don't update them?

"...its a lot easier to update the apps by pushing the update button when there's more than 1 rather than clicking update on each single one!" True. But if you want to update selective apps then that is the only way to go after making sure that you have unchecked the option to auto-update apps in the Play store app.
    Atma likes this.
  4. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

The default view when you are in the installed section of the market doesn't really show you what changes are in the update but you can click on the icon after selecting an individual app and it brings up the another window that show's you "what's new."
    Atma likes this.