• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updating clendar/weather

RhinoDoc

Oct 8, 2009
I have the weather bug widget on my home screen, and I have to manually put in my location everytime I check or I get a continual "updating."

Similarly, I was having trouble with the calendar "updating" and never displaying, so I downloaded Pure Calendar and things seemed better, but now it just says "updating" but never shows my schedule.

I have reset twice. I have WifFi off (there is no wifi at work) and I have a strong signal and EVDO reception. Anyone else have a similar experience?

As I have played with it more, it seems to go into perpetual update when I soft reset the phone. I also had a countdown widget tracking how long to a fishing trip next summer, it also stopped working on a reset.

I have to delete Pure Calendar and the countdown clock, then reinstall them to the homescreen. The Weatherbug I just have to open settings and choose my home town again.

Does that sound right? Should widgets lose their association with the calendar on a soft reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones