• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updating cliq in UK

vdo86

Lurker
Feb 19, 2011
Hi, I'm completely new to this and had a question about my Cliq and the android update.

I got my phone from a relative in the US and am now in the UK. I unlocked the phone and it works just fine on my network (Orange and sometimes uses T-Mobile UK). My system version is Blur_Version 1.6.1.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US. Anyway, I saw that there's an update to 2.1, but apparently Cliq type phones in Europe aren't getting anything. There's the manual update from the US Motorola website though.

I was wondering if I could still update my phone to 2.1. I have no idea if it makes any difference that my phone is originally from the US. It still seems to work on that T-Mobile system version. I would try to update but I just don't want to mess up my phone completely.

This might be a silly question, but I just want to figure out what's best from someone who knows and if there's any good way to upgrade.

Thanks! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones