Updating EPF21B to latest build of FROYO

Last Updated:

1. pttynan

pttynan New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, been observing these forums for a while, and finally have to ask you for some guidance.

As it stands I'm running EPF21B on my Nexus, and am wanting to take the plunge and unlock my boot-loader and upgrade to the latest froyo build.

First problem I have encountered is that all the tutorials for doing so seem to have dead links to the required files :(. Is there an up to date tutorial with working links that you could point me to?

The second problem, well... query really is if I stick to "stock" roms, when updates are available I can receive them OTA correct?

Regards

P.S hope that I'm posting on the correct Section :)

Advertisement
  2. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

As far as a tutorial with working links, looks like Google took the files off of their servers so none of the ones I used work anymore.

As far as receiving OTA updates: Once you install a custom recovery, you can't get OTA's anymore.

3. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

You don't need to root or unlock bootloader to get froyo. I know androidandme.com has the lastest builds in some articles. I'd link them but don't have them. I'm pretty sure those mirrors are still active. If not let me know and I can put them in my dropbox and give you the link.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

4. drovid

drovid Member