Updating from Hacked 2.2 to StockSupport

Last Updated:

1. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so...

I have a Motorola Droid, currently running Froyo which I installed using a nandroid backup posted here on the forums a while ago. Just this morning I got a notice from Verizon that the 2.2 update is officially available. I tried to install it, and ClockworkMod blocked the update.

After rebooting my phone, it said my system was up to date, but my build number and kernel version are still the exact same as before. If anyone's curious, my kernel version is 2.6.32.9-g103d848android-build@apa26#1 and my build number is FRF84B.

Does the official Verizon OTA Froyo update actually help? I was afraid I might lose my root powers if I did it, as that happened when I installed 2.1-update1 and it was a pain to get back. However, this unofficial one is causing some problems - the #1 problem is like half my apps do not show up in the market, I had to downgrade back to 2.1, download them, back up the APKs, then install them manually on 2.2.... which I have a feeling is not normal.

And even if it did fix this problem, how would I do it? I downloaded the file that the update.xml told me to, called 869aef6ac1e7.signed-voles-FRG01B-from-FRF84B.zip and renamed it update.zip, but it keeps failing with ClockworkMod, and I can't figure out how to go back to stock recovery.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement