Updating GingerbreadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. makthenif

makthenif Well-Known Member

My E24G is rooted and currently has 2.3.5. How can I update to 2.3.6? Since it is rooted, I can 't get the TMO OTA update.

Advertisement
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Flash a custom ROM that has 2.3.6 or higher. Check out Peach Sunrise, RebelROM or even CM10 over on the XDA forums. The stock ROM/OTA isn't that great.
  3. makthenif

I am a little dense on this stuff. What is a ROM and what does flash mean?
  4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

5. makthenif

6. droid expert

droid expert New Member

If any one just forgot to do a backup and would like to go back to old system the only way to do it is by making a backup on a sd card on a another phone that is the same. onece you do backup shutdown phone and remove sd card. insert sd card in your phone and boot to recovery wipe rom after that just simply restore from external sd card. wait till it restores and then wipe data.one's that's done reboot system and it should boot up like if it was brand new and u should go thru set up process.

I know this works bcause this situation happend to me already
    and if you really want to update install kies air on your computer and simple connect your samsun device and it should tell u if there are any updates available and just click install update and just let it install and done your phone should be at the latest android version for your phone