Updating Google Calendar on the Hero

Last Updated:

1. steve_stewart

steve_stewart Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 28, 2009

First post on the forum and hoping you'll be able to answer my newbie questions as I get up to speed with Android. :eek:

Not sure if this is a Hero query specifically but on the calendar I've disabled the My Calendar and Outlook options to leave just my Google calendar option.

If I update the Calendar from Thunderbird (PC) the calendar on the phone updates instantly. Updates from my Hero refuse to appear in Thunderbird or in my Google account from the browser.

Any thoughts?

edit: Sorry...I'm assuming the phone will automatically push the new entry back to the Google server. Do I need to force the update?

2. agd

agd New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I have a Hero, and initially had the same problem.
    Fortunately, the solution is easy, once it's pointed out.

When you add a new event, right at the top of the screen is a pulldown menu labeled Calendar - it's just above the text entry line for the title.
    It's really obvious when you look at it, but I missed it first time as well.

Pull this menu down, and you'll see that your "My Calendar" entry is highlighted by default. Choose your own google calendar, and it'll sync fine.

Next time you add an event, it seems to default this to whatever calendar you chose last time, so you shouldn't need to do this again.

I use 2 separate calendars on google, and they both sync fine.
  3. Nyxll

Nyxll New Member

Aug 16, 2009
    A D G You are the king. thanks for pointing that out. there are forums all over the place that have hundreds of people overlooking the same little dropdown. too bad we cannot move existing items to another calendar.