1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Updating HTC Wildfire to 4.1

1. sharepass11

sharepass11 New Member

Hello,

I got a second-hand HTC Wildfire (no S) and want to reset it to the original state. In addition I wonder whether it makes any sense to update the installed Android 2.2.1 to 4.1 and if so how I would do it?

I have absolutely no experience since this is my very first smartphone. :)

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You need to visit the Wildfire All Things Root forum to find out more - sorry I can't provide a link or move the thread but I only have a few seconds here.
  3. sharepass11

sharepass11 New Member

Thanks, I followed various tutorials I found to install cyagenmod 7.2. I assume this is the best version for my HTC Wildfire, right?

Is there anything I have to consider after the installation of this rom now?
  4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Sharepass11.:)
    I hope you will find AF warm, and welcoming.

I have moved this thread into the Wildfire "all things root" section of the forum, since that is most likely where you will get the help you need.
  5. sharepass11

sharepass11 New Member

Thank you for the nice welcoming. :)

I really like Android so far!
  6. aamirkhan

aamirkhan New Member

kindly plz anybody can tell to how i update a android htc 2.2.1 into 4.1 android
  7. namannm

namannm Member

WILDFIRE CAN'T BE UPGRADED OR FLASHED FOR JELLYBEANS 4.1

IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ICS(THAT TOO CM9 Ewrpin's Build)
  8. namannm

namannm Member

Moreover u need to root it using unrevoked refer all things root section u need to work :d