Updating Outlook Email more often?Support

Last Updated:

1. chenry888

chenry888 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I set up my outlook email for work on my X. I checked the Email Delivery settings --> Fetch Schedule and saw that "Every 15 Minutes" is the most often it can do.

Is this the setting that tells the phone get inbox updates? I need my work emails updated atleast every minute, is there a way to do this for ONLY this email account? (Not my gmail, or any other email account)

Maybe a workaround would be to have a text sent to me whenever something new is in the Outlook inbox?

Thanks for your help!!

Advertisement
  2. chenry888

Anyone?

I basically need some notification on the phone instantly whenever there is a new email in my outlook inbox...

3. nuberfin

nuberfin New Member

If your company uses Microsoft Outlook Exchange, you'll need to check the box "Data Push" under your messaging preferences.

Go to:

Apps>Messaging>Click the menu button and go click settings>Email>Email Delivery>Data Push

If your work is on an Exchange Server, this should push your Exchange emails to your phone as soon as it's delivered.

If you're not on Exchange, then it looks like 15 minutes is the minimum allowed unless someone out there knows of a hack.

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Sounds like your e-mail client is currently configured to pull e-mail... and every 15 minutes seems to be the quickest that this version of Android will pull e-mail. To get quicker e-mail downloads you'll need to do as nuberin suggests... change your client to push e-mail instead.

5. chenry888

Thanks to both of you! Can you tell I'm an android newb? ;) (my first smartphone and i love it!)

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Apps>Messaging>Email>Click the menu button>Refresh

I just tested 5 emails from my work (not on phone) to my hotmail (on phone)
    2 using the refresh, they both popped right up within seconds
    2 waiting with Data Push on and Fetch set to 15 min, they took 10 minutes
    1 more immediatley following receiving 3 and 4, it took 20 minutes

Manual refresh works for hotmail...I don't think I can set hotmail to push...right?

7. chenry888

Follow up question for me....

I have 2 Outlook emails set up on my X. One as you know, needs to be updated pronto with bells ringing and vibrations. The other I would like it to stay quiet and it can update whenever it wants. But it seems that when I set one email with some settings, it also does the same for the other Outlook email.

Why can't I have different notification/delivery settings for each Outlook email? Or can i?

8. chenry888

bump