• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

updating Radio on Modaco 2.9

malbon

Sep 7, 2009
Can someone give me a quick answer to this. I can't seem to find much info on how re-flashing the Radio is different to the ROM ?

I'm on a UK Orange phone with the Modaco 2.9.

Reception is generally good, however there are times in good reception areas when I get an answerphone message come through when I havent moved away from a good reception area.. So it appears that the phone is dropping reception - I have read this before on the forum IIRC.

Hopefully updating the Radio will help?

Which one and is it as easy as updating the ROM ?

TIA :D

Heres a link to all of the radios that are availible, as for which is the best... I thionk that is totally dependant on the user / operator / area. The stock one is great for me, but I am on T-Mobile so I probably have a differant radio to you anyway.

There was a thread on this the other day, but I can't find it at the moment, I'll see if I can dig it out

EDIT: check out this thread, about halfway down a discussion about the radio starts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones