• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updating Rooted Samsung SPH-D700 2.2.1 to 2.3.5

ryan2011

Lurker
Nov 18, 2011
I have a rooted Samsung Epic Galaxy S sph-d700 I used one click root which installed clockworkmod I am currently running android 2.2.1 and they just released the 2.3.5 gingerbread update do I need to unroot the phone if so how would I go about doing this with clockworkmod if not and I use clockworkmod to install the update from zip will this ruin my phone? Pain in my ass lol... thanks in advance

I rooted my friends phone using Ginger break and he updated his phone without unrooting, his phone still works but I'm not quite sure if it's still rooted. Super User is still installed but most of the rooted apps won't work. I tried to unroot it with gingerbreak but it gives me an error, and I tried to reroot but the phone never reboots. So I don't know what's going on.

Upvote 0
I have a rooted Samsung Epic Galaxy S sph-d700 I used one click root which installed clockworkmod I am currently running android 2.2.1 and they just released the 2.3.5 gingerbread update do I need to unroot the phone if so how would I go about doing this with clockworkmod if not and I use clockworkmod to install the update from zip will this ruin my phone? Pain in my ass lol... thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat - have 2.2.1 EC05 loaded on my Sprint Epic 4G, rooted with one click root and SuperUser. I've received notifications on my phone for the OverTheAir update for Gingerbrea, but am unsure whether or not it can be installed without any problems, or what the proper way to install would be. Please help! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have a rooted Samsung Epic 4G and I had to unroot inorder for the update to install. Once unrooted and the update is downloaded and installed go to YouTube and search "Root Samsung Epic 4G with EI22" and it will take you to a video showing you how to install CWM and root the phone again. However, if you use the TEP app, make sure you install it and log into it before rooting because mine would not work after rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones