Updating Shazam

Last Updated:

1. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I downloaded Shazam the day after I got my Evo. A week or two later, when my buddy got his Evo, I told him to download it. Apparently, within that week, Shazam went from a free application to 5 queries per month unless you upgrade to a paid version. I still have the unlimited application on my phone. However, it is prompting me to upgrade. If I upgrade, will I lose my unlimited usage?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yup.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

No. Assuming you actually used the app to tag some songs before they went from free to paid, you retain unlimited tags. I've upgraded at least twice since they made the change, and still have unlimited use.

Shazam on Android FAQs

4. xPhantom

xPhantom Well-Known Member

No, you shouldn't lose your unlimited tagging as long as you used it to tag songs prior to July 13th.

5. augi69

augi69 Member

I downloaded and taged by first song right on July 13th. Do i still maitain unlimited tags if i upgrade?

6. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I had my phone replaced and lost everything on my old phone. I used to have unlimited. Is there anyway to install an old .apk and save myself from the limits imposed?

7. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think if you have AppBrain you should be able to reinstall the app without losing your freedom. I haven't tried this with this app, but it works with the other paid apps. Otherwise, I am not sure what else to do.

8. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

This is true. Another reason to believe it, I did a hard reset like 2 days ago I think it was. Forgetting to back up my apps, I re-searched and re-installed hem. Shazam was one of them. I was worried I was going to lose it as well, hard reset, and the newest update from market. Still works. I did 8 songs right away.

9. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

The Shazam web site says "before" July 13th. But the best way to find out for sure would be to contact Shazam. They'll know better than we do.