• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updating the Baseband

sax6575

Lurker
Sep 25, 2010
So I want to update my baseband for various reasons. I'm rooted and just ran unrevoked forever, so i've got s-off. I am currently running 2.1 update1, with baseband 1.00.03.04.06. how do I go about updating to a 2.xx.xx.xx.xx baseband, and do I need to be running 2.2 to do this?

1. Make sure that your SD card is formatted as FAT32. Download the radio to the root of your SD card. Leave the file named as PB31IMG.zip.
2. Boot into HBOOT, by powering the phone down, then booting back up holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
3. Once it boots into HBOOT, if you did not rename the file to something other than PB31IMG.zip, it will automatically scan it and ask you if you want to apply the update. Hit yes.
4. When prompted, say yes to reboot.
5. Once booted into the OS, go to Settings->About Phone->Software->Software Information, and verify that your Baseband Version matches the Radio you just installed. You should remove PB31IMG.zip from your SD card now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones