updating the "phones" page

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by mrqs, Dec 7, 2009.

1. i haven't payed much attention to this section so i wouldn't know how regularly it's normally updated, but seeing as the galaxy lite (now known as spica) is in rumored, i get the feeling that the section is completely useless

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager
    Administrator

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT, Vbulletin and Xenforo Administrator
    Nashville, TN
    That section was a huge project to put together and most certainly is not meant to be useless, by any means.

However most this site (the phandroid side) is a two man show and we're having a hard time keeping it all maintained.

Yes, we are looking for someone to take on the phone guide. Someone dedicated and willing - it is a large amount of work.

It also needs to be someone we know and trust so... yeah we're working on getting that sorted.

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes we need a kick in the butt.

3. Phases

Phases Community Manager
    Administrator

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT, Vbulletin and Xenforo Administrator
    Nashville, TN
    I just had a thought on this.
    Yep, that's all I have to say on that. :p

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    lool , I was literally just thinking about this phones section :D

5. i visited this section the other day and noticed its limited info.. but hey i understand

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    idk, all android phones would be lots of info, and i perused the phone section today and thought it was really well done. as far as layout and ease of use it gets a A+ from me.

the info will come, things change, get updated, whatever, im sure it is time consuming but nevertheless a nice feature.

might be able to expand on that in the future and add a phone matrix of sorts that would allow an end user to compare all the features, carriers, etc....could be a big draw for phandroid.

7. oh i agree, the design of the phones section is brilliant and the concept is very useful
    what i meant was that the section is rendered useless in practice by inaccurate/out of date info

8. nasht00

nasht00 Active Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Have you considered making it wiki-style?
    Or limited wiki, selected users, premium users...
    Or approve submitted changes.
    Anything like that to make it easier for you guys?