Updating to 2.0Support

Last Updated:

1. jeremyk

jeremyk New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi....i have a sony ericsson xperia x10........it came with 1.6 and is there anyway i can update it to 2.0?.........i am very new to android????????????????:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Hi Jeremy, and welcome!

I believe that Android 2.1 is about to be rolled out to the X10 very soon. I'll pass you over to our members in the SE Xperia X10 forum who will be able to give more details.

Enjoy your stay. :)

rosered likes this.
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hello Jeremy and welcome to the X10 forum.

You have joined at the right moment.... the new firmware is going to start its roll out sometime next week (we hope!), certainly this is what has been announced by Sony Ericsson.

We are all waiting with baited breath for 2.1 to hit our phones.

As you are new to Android if there is anything you need help with, then feel free to post away. Have a bit of a search first because lots of the common stuff we all find problematic when starting out has been asked before. If you can't find it then there are lots of helpful folks on here to set you on the right path.

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Welcome! So are you in the states or across he pond? If you are in Europe, the update should, key word, should, be hitting you soon as Rosered indicated, of course the carrier will be pushing it out, but SE stated Sept 28th as the drop dead date.

Now if your in the USA, a whole different ball of wax. Since you just bought the phone, from what it sounds like, I hope your not in the USA as we will probably be lucky to see it by the end of the year through AT&T..

Search the forum, there is a lot of chatter about this right now, so you'll have a lot to read about.. Here is the forum link:

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Android Forums