updating to 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. ponickka

ponickka Member This Topic's Starter

Newb question;

what if i don't do a backup before updating? I don't have much saved on the phone, will i be compromising alot of stuff but not backing up my phone?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

contacts
    all settings, internet and MMS
    and any saved tx you want
    bookmarks

using the stock backup app, thats all i ever keep, and i use app brain to re sync my apps back to the phone after, ( must download it first tho and sign in with ur google so it remembers wot apps you hav then u can just choose the ones u wanna put back on

3. sparkdroid

sparkdroid Well-Known Member

You're lucky you don't have anything on your phone to backup. The Backup & Restore app doesn't work that well anyway.

During the update process it pauses and loads a website that has instructions for backing up. It has a QR-code for the updated backup and restore utility so that you can do a backup which should be compatible with the new 2.1 version.

However, when I finished updating and tried to restore, it quit part way through with an error. The error occurred during the Contact portion of the restore.

I finally got it to restore by choosing to restore everything BUT my contacts. Then I restored my contacts separately from the SIM/SD card.

So I would recommend backing up your contacts manually in addition to backing up with the utility.