Updating to 2.2 Abroad

Last Updated:

1. Tazlop

Tazlop Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have a sim-free, unlocked and un-branded HTC Desire and I have yet to have received the update. I am currently holidaying in France with my family. I have a wifi connection with me as well so when I heard from a friend that he had just been updated on a phone bought the same place and as the same spec as mine.
    So I checked manually (and pretty reguarly) and I have yet to recieve any word of an update on my phone.

I decided then to phone HTC at there UK Customer Support line and was met with a very lovely english woman, who I'm pretty sure wasn't abroad. (good on you HTC ) . I explained my situation and she said that they release the update in chunks or block..i.e some at a time. So my problem is most likely that my phone is later on the list

However I suspect it may be because I am France and not in the Uk...anyone else had the same kind of issue or any thoughts ??

Advertisement
  2. jokerbb101

jokerbb101 Member

I don't think there is anything to do with you being away from uk. I got my update when I was in Hong Kong. What is your software no. ? Apparently it affects whether you can get the update of not.

3. Tazlop

Tazlop Member This Topic's Starter

It's 1.21.405.2