updating to 2.2 with my rooted aria

Last Updated:

1. sniper8752

sniper8752 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about updating my rooted aria to firmware 2.2. can i do this? is there a root for 2.2? i heard that with this new firmware, you can actually now install programs on your sd card. my internal memory is full, and i can't even download e-mails now.

2. Droidized

Droidized Well-Known Member

A variety of ways to accomplish it. Here's what I did.

1. Unrevoked
    unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.32

2. Liberated Aria Froyo FR008 (Keeps HTC Sense)
    ROM: Liberated Aria Froyo Series FR008 12/13/2010 **Fully working OC Kernel** - xda-developers

Alternately, you could consider CyanogenMod, which does not retain HTC Sense

Happy rooting.

3. sniper8752

can you only download 3 apps. at a time?
  4. Droidized

Hi Sniper8752,

Do you mean simultaneous downloads from the official Market? In my experience, yes, it seems to be about 3 or so simultaneously. If I select more, it queues them.

5. sniper8752

will at&t charge me extra if i tether? i have a data plan for my phone.
  6. Droidized

Its my understanding that they don't typically detect tethering, but an high volume of data usage might trigger them to send you a warning about tethering or simply charge you for tethering. Per reports I've read, it seems to be variable; perhaps based on your prior use or your specific plan.

7. sniper8752

so they would warn me if i started doing it? i don't wanna try it, then find that my next bill, its $50 more. and yes, that does make sense.
  8. Droidized