• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updating to 2.2 with root/possible wrong radio

apocalidiot

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

I'm a total scrub when it comes to this.. so I'm looking for people to give me a heads up on this.

I rooted my Desire, never got it to flash custom ROM's properly, so I gave up because I didn't care too much. I believe I applied a radio (no idea what) to make the ROM work. My phone is a-ok after installing the radio so I'm assuming that it didn't **** anything up. Anyway, I'm reading that the US Cellular HTC Desire finally had 2.2 come out for it, so can I upgrade 2.2 with a root/possible weird radio and not experience any issues?

Thanks

The USC update is a ROM Update Utility. These will completely unroot a phone and replace all of the software on it (including wiping your apps and their data) in the process of applying the update. The fact that your phone is rooted shouldn't stop this working - there were a couple of threads here and in the main Desire forum when this update came out, and a couple of rooted USC customers updated their phones using it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones