• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

updating to 4.0.2.A.0.62 fails

joemonkey

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
Seattle, WA
i got a notification today to update to the latest firmware. i tried doing this via WiFi 3-4 times but fails each time. the phone gone thru the normal install and re-booting...etc etc. but in the end, i get the icon saying 'could not install.

any suggestions? has anyone upgraded successfully via WiFi?

hi there, did you manage to get your update???

I also received a notification in the message bar to update,it doesnt allow me to do this over wifi either,i connected to my pc and opened pc companion which picks up my arc and tells me update available but each time it fails ,it starts it prepares but then when it gets to box 3 update i keep getting installation error unable to install or start phone software update componants.

It is bugging the heck outta me now i have tried going direct to the sony website and clicking on the arc update but that just downloads pc companion again,even uninstalled and reinstalled it restarted phone removed battery etc but still no joy.
Everyone keeps recommending to use seus to update but that just ends up taking me back to the original download so i cant win

i was told it is only to sort out bugs and is not an update that you would notice making any difference

Upvote 0
Quick update my 15 yr old has xperia ray and his has just updated fine via wifi cant believe his will and mine wont so just tried my arc again and it still says i need a pc to carry out the update i dont get it is this the start of the ice cream update mayb as arcs wont get it til after neos and rays still confused

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hi ive gone through the update today but just as it was installing my xperia ray powerd off and now when i power it on it shows me a box with an arrow and loading bar then powers off. any idea as to whats happend?? thanks

Generally that means it is applying the update but if it continues to happen over an extended period of time I would advise running the update again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones