updating to 4.0.2.A.0.62 failsGeneral

1. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member

i got a notification today to update to the latest firmware. i tried doing this via WiFi 3-4 times but fails each time. the phone gone thru the normal install and re-booting...etc etc. but in the end, i get the icon saying 'could not install.

any suggestions? has anyone upgraded successfully via WiFi?

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

3. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

I received a notification of the update last night, but was not given the option of OTA update only via pc companion? Anyone know why this is? All previous updates I was given the option of OTA with no problems.

Thanks
  4. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Not sure the reason but let me ask you though, did you connect your phone to PC Companion? And if so, did you get the notification on PC Companion that there was a new update available for your phone?
  5. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

No I didn't connect my phone via pc companion....a message just appeared in my notification bar.
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

There can be a couple of reasons for this, your network may not support this update over the air or in some cases the update is a major one that requires to be performed via a PC.
  7. soozypoo

soozypoo Member

hi there, did you manage to get your update???

I also received a notification in the message bar to update,it doesnt allow me to do this over wifi either,i connected to my pc and opened pc companion which picks up my arc and tells me update available but each time it fails ,it starts it prepares but then when it gets to box 3 update i keep getting installation error unable to install or start phone software update componants.

It is bugging the heck outta me now i have tried going direct to the sony website and clicking on the arc update but that just downloads pc companion again,even uninstalled and reinstalled it restarted phone removed battery etc but still no joy.
    Everyone keeps recommending to use seus to update but that just ends up taking me back to the original download so i cant win

i was told it is only to sort out bugs and is not an update that you would notice making any difference
  8. soozypoo

soozypoo Member

Quick update my 15 yr old has xperia ray and his has just updated fine via wifi cant believe his will and mine wont so just tried my arc again and it still says i need a pc to carry out the update i dont get it is this the start of the ice cream update mayb as arcs wont get it til after neos and rays still confused
  9. Sam-SonyXperia

kelbob and soozypoo like this.
  10. soozypoo

soozypoo Member

have used this link after trying various others and yeyyyyy it has done something it took about 20 minutes to restart although now it has got really laggy im having a problem with internal memory as i was having an issue b4 and since the update has got even worse :(
  11. Josh-SonyXperia

If updating it didn't do the trick then I'd suggest to run the Repair Phone option on PC Companion, it will re-install the whole software on the phone and hopefully will solve the issue that you are having.
  12. kelbob

kelbob Member

hi ive gone through the update today but just as it was installing my xperia ray powerd off and now when i power it on it shows me a box with an arrow and loading bar then powers off. any idea as to whats happend?? thanks
  13. kelbob

kelbob Member

14. Sam-SonyXperia

Generally that means it is applying the update but if it continues to happen over an extended period of time I would advise running the update again.
  15. morz001

morz001 Active Member

I guess the best way for me is to go to the se retail store and update my arc s on their end.l
  16. Josh-SonyXperia

Or you could try Sam-SonyXperia's suggestion at your own place. The whole process might take you 10-30 mins and if that doesn't work then you could try the Sony store for more assistance.