Updating to Jelly Bean and Kies problems - please help.Support

1. aaronjunited

aaronjunited Member

Ok I went to update my phone through kies and forgot that i have a different kernal than before. I have read the sticky thread over and over and cant find my firmware on sammobile.

Here is the details from my phone.

Model - GT-I9100
    Android Version - 4.0.4
    Baseband Version - I9100XXLQ6
    Kernal Version - 3.0.15-I9100XWLPT-CL941023
    Build Number - IMM76D.XWLPT

I am locked on O2 UK i think.

I have noticed since flashing this kernal last july that my phone performance has been poor in terms of it switching off by itself and so on.

What I want to know is how can i get Jelly Bean on this phone and how I go about it?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Aaron.

Advertisement
  2. kelis32

kelis32 Well-Known Member

Hello

All the information you need is here

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/680070-jelly-bean-update-dummies-guide.html

As JB has not been released for O2 you would need to flash a stock ROM that will remove all the O2 branding and apps or bloatware as its more commonly known, pay particular attention to section about no release for your CSC yet.

There will not be an issue for you updating to a stock ROM unless you like all the O2 stuff :confused:

If you need any more info then just ask
  3. aaronjunited

aaronjunited Member

Thanks for your reply. I have read all the info on that link. I can't find my firmware/ stock rom that will flash on to my phone.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

What is your CSC code?
  5. aaronjunited

aaronjunited Member

Lp7 (o2u)
  6. ironass

JB has not been released for CSC code O2U as kelis32 states in his post.

Therefore, you have 2 choices...

1. Flash a stock Samsung, O2U firmware for ICS to your phone such as the LP7 and wait for O2 to release JB for your phone and then update, as you now have stock firmware/kernel, via Kies...

or

2. Flash a stock, unbranded, Samsung JB firmware, such as XWLSD, to your phone to get Jelly Bean now.

For both options and more information, see #1.7 of kelis32's link.
  7. aaronjunited

aaronjunited Member

Thank you very much for that. Much appreciated. I was lost on were to find that.

Thank you thank you
  8. ironass

Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide, post #1.7...