Updating to V2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. caracortada_uk

caracortada_uk Member This Topic's Starter

Im just off the phone with HTC Tech support and they have confused my poor wee brain.

I was questioning why my Desire v1.15 has not received updated to either V1.22 or V2.2 when checking for updates using the "System software updates" feature in "About phone" menu.

They said my phone didnt need V1.22, its different carrier/model no firmware, ok fair enough. But as for V2.2 i can only access that when i receive an OTA txt message giving me access to the download server. "System software updates" is only for minor patches, not full updates. Orange are telling me, and im sure ive read on here, that to get V2.2 i need to do a "System software update" check. Has anybody received these txts?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

its not texts as in sms. You just get a pop up message stating that an update is available.

Not everyone will get this at once. They have to be done in batches. imaging if the Orange UK network was clogged up with all their desires getting the update at the same time.

Also, do it on wifi when you get it.

caracortada_uk likes this.
  3. caracortada_uk

caracortada_uk Member This Topic's Starter

Oh i understand its done in batches, it makes perfect sense. I just wasnt sure about this sms message as i was reading different on here and hearing different from orange. Thanks again Danfrance!