• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updating when rooted and running CM6??

suchanoob

Feb 27, 2011
the only kind of update i do is the occasional PRL and Profile update when i'm in the original (sense) ROM, i'm primarily in CM6 though.. i ignore all other updates for apps or whatever else pops up.. is it ok to update apps? are there any kind of updates i should be doing that i'm not? i got the impression that updating is bad when rooted.. thanks..

the only kind of update i do is the occasional PRL and Profile update when i'm in the original (sense) ROM, i'm primarily in CM6 though.. i ignore all other updates for apps or whatever else pops up.. is it ok to update apps? are there any kind of updates i should be doing that i'm not? i got the impression that updating is bad when rooted.. thanks..

You can go ahead and update your apps, they have nothing to do with root status. The only updates that you should avoid are software and firmware updates but since you are on CM, this will not be an issue because you will never be prompted for these. You should be doing Radio updates at the very least but it is not mandatory. IE, your phone will still run with an old radio.

On that note, you should update to CM7, it is stable and now has 4G.

Reactions: suchanoob
Upvote 0
You can go ahead and update your apps, they have nothing to do with root status. The only updates that you should avoid are software and firmware updates but since you are on CM, this will not be an issue because you will never be prompted for these. You should be doing Radio updates at the very least but it is not mandatory. IE, your phone will still run with an old radio.

On that note, you should update to CM7, it is stable and now has 4G.

cool thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones