• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

upgrade and online discount questions

jonny772

Jan 20, 2010
I am currently eligible for upgrades on both my primary and secondary line. If I upgrade my primary will it affect the upgrade discount on the secondary line? Also the HTC incredible is being offered for 99 after new any 2 and online discount. Is that 100$ online discount permanent or just temporary to get people to buy the phone, because if that online discount goes away eventually I will jump on the phone. thanks.

Your NE2 discount is on your primary line only and lasts until you upgrade your phone, then it will probably change to $30 or $50 depending on your price plan for your next upgrade in 20 months. Upgrading your primary line will not affect your secondary line in any way. The "online discount" is in place of a mail in rebate which is what you'd get if you purchased at a store. Those, of course, are subject to change.

I just got my Incredible yesterday... smokin! :cool:

Upvote 0
I see rebates stay on there forever, then sometimes I see them jacking with prices. I saw that with I think it was the LG env touch... came out at one price, then suddenly went way up, then was on a roller coaster for a while, up and down. So far with the Droid phones, the prices have been steady, but now with Google throwing out the VZW N1, I could see the possibility of VZW jacking the price in response to the demand. If you know you really want it, I'd say go for it now :)

eta: if the price for some reason goes down in the next 30 days, you can call VZW and they'll credit you the difference. Same with if they turn it in to a BOGO and you decide to get one for your second line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones