• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

123carl

Aug 30, 2010
Hi all,

Just a little bit of advice needed.

I'm due a upgrade in the next week.i have the DHD, I'm looking at staying with HTC and looking at the HTC SV, HTC One x + or the HTC One. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also

What is the best way to back up me text and contacts. I did have orange backup which no longer works.

Thankyou all in Advace

id stay with the DHD :-D had chance to upgrade for the last year now, and think theres only the nexus 4 thatd sway me. so i stay sim only with this, using jellytime rom. love it, and it does all i need.

as for the texts, ive got an app called sms backup and restore i think (phone not with me at present to check)

Upvote 0
The HTC One is the only phone I'd be willing to swap my DHD for.

As for messages and contacts. Just press menu while in your inbox and click back up SMS and in phone press menu and then 'manage contacts' export contacts to storage card.

Once you get a new phone just put your memory card into your pc and copy the 2 files across using the cable. Could also use Dropbox to transfer the files.

I have used this method when backing up from stock software and then restoring again after rooting my DHD to Ice Cream Sandwich so it's tried and tested between old and newer Android versions.

Upvote 0
I am trying to like the HTC One, but the non-user replaceable battery is an issue with me. Not a deal breaker, but I would rather have one. The 4 MP camera tests are not too great either. Even in low light some higher megapixel camera's do better.

Overall, the Galaxy S4 is look like a better phone overall. I am not to crazy about moving over to Samsung and TouchWiz, but that is the likely path I will be taking when I upgrade in June.

I am kind of hoping Google releases a Nexus 4 LTE. Absence of LTE is a deal breaker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones