upgrade feeGeneral

1. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

this is gonna be my second verizon phone and i just found out theres a $30 upgrade fee is there any way to get around this?

Advertisement
  2. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

In September Verizon sent me an email with a $30 coupon for a 4G LTE phone. This was about six months after I was due for an upgrade so I guess they were getting impatient for me to upgrade. This $30 will basically cancel out the $30 upgrade fee. Good things come to those who wait, but they sure used to give better deals.
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Practically no way to get out of the 30 fee unless you get a coupon or promotional deal
  4. sirius

sirius Active Member

When I was looking at the GS3 I called to ask a couple of questions and mentioned that I thought they should do away with the $30.00 loyalty discount and $30.00 upgrade fee as they just cancel each other out. I was told they could waive the upgrade fee. Cant hurt to ask the worse they can say is no.
  5. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

No upgrade fee if you pay full retail for the phone.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

My wife recently got a RAZR M, and I tried everything to get it without that fee, without any luck. But you can always try.
  7. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

This upgrade fee is a real kick in the nuts. When I ordered the DNA I got a $30 discount but it was nullified by the $30 upgrade fee. Looks like the carriers reach enough customers that they feel its OK to feel urinate on them with impunity.
  8. victek

victek Well-Known Member

I think that's a little extreme, but I agree that the upgrade fee is annoying. I would prefer they add this cost into the plan. If it was spread out over the contract period it would amount to very little per month and not tick people off. Adding it on top at the time of purchase makes the phone price seem like false advertizing.
  9. greekmanx

greekmanx New Member

I work for Verizon and I can tell you don't bother in a store level to waive the Fee they won't 99% of the time I will say I have seen in done through phone support but even then it is not easy.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  10. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

I even called after order. Could not drop it. Jan I will have been with Big Red 10 years. They just don't care about loyalty any more. :(