• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade from Droid to Droid2?

MTUser2010

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
Perhaps I will regret posting this in that the answer is obvious, and I am not very bright, but I'd like to get some help upgrading from Droid 2 from Droid. Both are Verizon phones

I understand that my personal data will move as it is tied to my gmail account that runs my phone. So moving that is easy. But what about all my apps, my pictures, the messages I kept in my visual voicemail application? When I asked Verizon, the rep said I should just use the SD card from the Droid in the Droid 2. Is it really that simple? If moving the SD card is the solution, what do you do if you want to upgrade to a larger SD card?

Any help would be appreciated. I tried Googling it, and could not write a query that found anything useful.

It was that simple for me when I got a Droid 2 as a free replacement for a faulty Droid FW update. I just entered my GMail acct info & password and almost everything was re-downloaded and installed. All my pics and such we're on the micro SD card, so I was good to go.

I would recommend writing down all the names of the apps you have installed tho, but they should mostly all be automatically installed during the switch - I was missing a few. That was my ONLY issue. It was so smooth it was PAINLESS!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones