Upgrade from Eris to Incredible?!General

Last Updated:

1. cwgators

cwgators New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

So i got fed up with my music player constantly skipping/phone lag on my Eris and got a VZW manager to approve a early upgrade for me. I was thinking should I go with the Droid Incredible? I wanted some current owner's opinions before I drop $200 on it.

Currently I mainly use my phone for:

1. Texting- I send at least 80 texts a day.

2. Web Surfing- I spend a lot of time on-line google, news..etc

3. Picture taking- I love to snap photos of friends and travels.

4. Talking- I maybe use 500 min a month if that. I text a lot due to working in a call center.

5. Mp3 player- i use my phone in the car and at work prob 45 hours a week

Considering these points do you think it would be wise to choose the Incredible or do you think my issues with the Eris could haunt me again on the Sense UI altogether?

Any input is welcomed and appreciated guys thank you

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Since your coming from the Eris, as I, the Incredible would be great for you. Do consider the Droid2 though. also, with the fleight of new phones coming out soon you may want to wait it out.. also I locked into a two year for this phone.. how early did you get them to go?

3. cwgators

cwgators New Member This Topic's Starter

I do not like the Droid 2 as it has a keyboard and I'm content without one. Maybe droid x is the only thing that could keep me from going to the incredible. hmmm.

I just got the eris in May with a 2 year contract. I had 5 refurbs and they all had the same problem. FRUSTRATING!

4. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I went from Eris to the Incredible and it's a great upgrade. To me, the Incredible is everything I was wishing the Eris was. The only thing I likes better about the Eris was the body design. The back is a nicer shape, and feels a bit sturdier than the Incredible - IMHO.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I also went Eris>Inc and have zero complaints. You won't be sorry

6. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I cant imagine going to Droid 2 unless keyboard was NEEDED.

Go to a Verizon store and check out the X, Incredible, and Fascinate. I think you cant go wrong with any of them.

I like sense and the size of Incredible myself, but spend 30 or more mins at the store playing with them before you do more research.

7. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

IMHO your two choices are the X and the Dinc. both top of the line phones. i myself picked the Dinc of the two choices i listed. for me, it was the right choice. the X was a tad to big and the UI sucks monkey balls. I also found the X has a bit of a lag problem. just not as smooth. i had a few bumps in the road(Dinc) but worked through them one at a time......

good luck-

8. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

The DrInc is a step up form the Eris in every way. It does what your looking for in every way. I highly recommend this phone to anyone and i have had it for a long time. The Droid X is a really good contender and if both phones were released at the same time i would have had a hard time choosing. Personally i really like the huge screen on the X but i love sense. Granted if i hadnt had the chance to fall in love with sense i would most likely have gone with the X.

9. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

The Incredible is like an Eris on steroids. My wife has the Eris and I have the Incredible. Both are great phones, but the Incredible is much faster, has a bigger and better screen, and runs 2.2.

The only thing better about the Eris is its build quality. The Eris has a much stronger body than the Incredible, which is disappointing, but by no means a deal-breaker. Just get a case.

10. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

If you're used to sense UI from the Eris and liked it, Dinc upgrade makes the most sense (no pun intended).

11. WitchyKitty

WitchyKitty Member

I also went from and Eris to an Incredible. So glad that I did. I loved the Eris but it was just too slow. I don't regret my decision to upgrade at all.

12. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

theres nothing to think about, definitely do it

13. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

Imagine everything you LIKE about the Eris working 10X better and everything you dont gone. No brainer

14. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. I just got my DInc on Wednesday and I'm pretty happy. I will tell you, though, that the one issue you might have (I have it) is battery life. I thought the Eris was bad, OH NO, this is worse when it comes to battery life. I actually just a minute ago ordered a 1500mah battery on Ebay (why on EARTH did they put a 1300 in these phones?) for less than $10 so you might consider that if battery life becomes an issue.

But on every other front, the DInc is far superior to the Eris, no question.

And just think, I didn't even do the obligatory "Goodbye, Eris" thread in the Eris form. I feel cheated.

15. hrbib21

It's funny how many of us are ending up over here. I think we all really wanted to love the Eris but it just wasn't in the cards.

16. SeattleYanksFan

Well, in all fairness, the Eris was a great phone. It's been out for almost a year, however, and is getting dated by all the newer, more powerful feature-filled phones. Technology moves way too fast these days. Great for us, not great for our wallets.

17. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

+1

18. CHP2

CHP2 New Member

I am also considering a switch. A question for those who have switched from Eris to Incredible: is the vibration for calls, e-mails, etc. any stronger? The Eris has a horribly weak vibrate and my next phone needs to be better in that department.

19. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

How is the Eris' battery? I'd bet that the incredible battery doesn't last as long as the Eris. Something to think about at least.

20. hrbib21

The DInc battery life is worse than the Eris. No question about that, IMO.

Vibration seems about the same to ne.

21. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Vibration seems much stronger. I could never tell when I had phone on vibrate on my Eris. But the stock battery in both the Eris and DInc are the same and I think that bodes poorly for DInc battery usage. Double the processing speed, larger and sharper screen and more memory with same battery means lower battery life..though with Launcher Pro and three screens, I can usually get day's worth on one charge.

22. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I have to mirror a lot of the other comments here! The Incredible is head and shoulders above the Eris in every category except battery.

However, there are options to help in the battery area! If you update your battery to either the HTC 1500 or the Seidio 1750 you WILL get at least 24 hours out of it on a charge!

23. alk1

alk1 Well-Known Member

I dropped my Eris in the pool on vacation and replaced it with the Incredible via my wife's annual upgrade . Looking forward to a long happy upgrade, pretty corny but true. :D:D:D:D:D

24. hrbib21

Good because I have a 1500 on the way (Ebay $8.95).

25. SeattleYanksFan

Just make sure it's an OEM 1500. If not, it might really be more like an 1100. But the HTC OEM 1500 from bidallies ($15) is definitely an improvement over stock. I love it.