• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Upgrade from froyo to gingerbread?

Did wipe, flashed TWRP, and it still hangs at VZW splash
Are you able to flash back to CWM? Or flash any other rom? Fix permissions? You should probably make a post or PM the guy. He might also need to work on the TWRP port. He said that his tester for the Rom that I was stuck on claimed they loaded it, but had not actually done so. Which was why it didn't load; but he fixed, tested, and re uploaded a working one.

I would not recommend using download mode unless you absolutely have to. I just realized I'm not isolated with that issue. Apparently a lot of Ally's have connection/flashing issues.

Upvote 0
It won't even let me do that. I can't flash anything.

Definitely got to be careful at this point. Im gonna guess you cant flash anything except the ROM you are stuck on. And reflash TWRP. Other than that everything else fails right? And you can't fix permissions either. Pm the mod. Until then is it possible flash a cwm nandroid through twrp?

Also which build did you try? Is it the latest or the one before that I was stuck on?

Upvote 0
I pulled the battery, pressed and held volume down+home+power.
its supposed to boot recovery from there.

So just rebooting recovery let you flash the other recovery? I rebooted recovery a lot. Weird. No matter what the only files that would flash for me was the rom i was flashing which would not load and twrp. Im glad its work for you. Hopefully he gets wifi and camera working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones