Upgrade Memory

1. AndroidSerpent

AndroidSerpent Well-Known Member

I just thought of something silly but worth discussing. I have an HTC One through Sprint. Naturally it comes with 32GB of internal memory. I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade the internal memory in the Sprint HTC One like the 64GB AT&T HTC One version? Is it possible to open up the phone and replace the internal memory with a larger one? I am rooted so that's the reason I put this here in the rooted section.

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

3. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Are you any good with smd soldering? Do you have the tools to open the phone up and put it back together? Can you find the appropriate memory chip? If you answered yes to all these questions, you can infact, upgrade the memory. That is, of course, as long as no firmware modifications are needed.
  4. AndroidSerpent

AndroidSerpent Well-Known Member

I'm decent at soldering but don't have the necessary tools. I'm not too upset about the situation though. I've worked around the issue and I use less space for unnecessary files. Thanks for your help and sorry for the very late reply.
  5. rootlinux

rootlinux Well-Known Member

Now were can we find the 64gig memory to put in it?
    Be fun trying it.
    ironman187 likes this.
  6. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

The key I think, would be to find out what chip the 64G version uses then source that chip. Of course there is still the issue of firmware.
    rootlinux likes this.