• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade now or wait?

dtweek

Jul 22, 2009
My Contract is up 1st of April. However my G2 Touch(GSM Hero) is looking a bit battered and bruised and it's woefully underpowered now even after Root.

I'm seriously thinking of just buying out of my contract and getting a new phone now with O2. Currently with T-Mobile UK but terrible reception in my home. O2 phones work fine.

What I don't want to happen though is for me to jump too soon and then find there is a better phone out in two months which will make mine obsolete as happened with the Hero.

I don't know what the release times are for phones are there generally a new batch in at the start of April?

What would people recommend?

My Contract is up 1st of April. However my G2 Touch(GSM Hero) is looking a bit battered and bruised and it's woefully underpowered now even after Root.

I'm seriously thinking of just buying out of my contract and getting a new phone now with O2. Currently with T-Mobile UK but terrible reception in my home. O2 phones work fine.

What I don't want to happen though is for me to jump too soon and then find there is a better phone out in two months which will make mine obsolete as happened with the Hero.

I don't know what the release times are for phones are there generally a new batch in at the start of April?

What would people recommend?

Yours is a very common dilemma. Given your contract expiry date the Optimus 2X makes perfect sense. It's also probably your best chance of future proofing your purchase. Join us in the LG Optimus 2X threads. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones