Upgrade now?

1. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for some reason the third line on my account (my mom's line) recently became eligible for a full upgrade. Funny thing is she just upgraded in December of '09 to the HD2. I don't know if this is a mess up or not but some of you waiting to be eligible to upgrade should check if you're eligible now. I almost bought the Moto Defy the other day (my girlfriend likes motoblur and is prone to dropping her phone) for free but it was after mail in rebate and the website wouldn't take my debit card for some reason but I went all the way through the purchase process and it was $78 dollars before a $50mir with tax and the upgrade fee.

Let me know if you have the same results...

Advertisement
    :
  2. mwl1119

FYI right now you may be eligible for a free G2 after $50 mail in rebate.
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Not everyone. I'm a year and 3 months into my contact and they want $499! Oh well...i should just be happy with my free behold 2, free mytouch slide, and free mytouch 4g. Maybe I'm getting greedy. :D
  4. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

typically you're eligible for an upgrade within 60 days of your contract end (for 2 year contracts). that's what i've been told by tmobile, as my contract ends in april and i'm planning on upgrading to the nexus s next month.
  5. mwl1119

What is funny is when I posted this I was referring to the third line on my account (which last upgraded in december of 2009) but now my line is eligible and I upgraded on father's day 2010 and so is my girlfriend's line that was last upgraded in Febuary 2010.
  6. aequitas3

that doesnt make sense....if you're on a one year contract, you're eligible for an update 11 months after your contract starts, and for a 2 year contract, it's 22 months. but less than that....WTF?! lol
  7. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Hell take advantage
  8. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

You don't get the full discount if you upgrade early.
  9. aequitas3

by early upgrade, what are you referring to? are you talking about the one within 60 days of your contract end, or are you talking about the partial discount you get when your contract hits about a year into your contract?
  10. j0hnh0lmes

When you hit a year into a 2 year contract.
  11. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

You might want to check on whether it's referring to a partial discount or full discount/upgrade. T-mobile doesn't usually make these kind of blunders.
  12. aequitas3

agreed. then again, it also doesn't make sense about the whole father's day last year to now available discount. that's less than a year into a normal 2 year contract....
  13. mwl1119

Not sure what the full upgrade prices for every handset are but it shows that I am eligible for a free G2 after $50 mail in rebate on all of my lines including mine which was last upgraded last Father's day.

The HD7, Cliq2, and Mytouch4G are $100.

After $100 Mail in rebate of course.
    behold_this likes this.
  14. behold_this

You inspired me to check my account one more time (i checked yesterday and it was a no go) and guess what...FREE G2! (after $50 rebate). Thinking about pulling the trigger tomorrow since its payday for me. You like that G2 huh?

Don't get me wrong, I love my mytouch 4g and it will still be my everyday phone...but a free g2 is a free g2 ;)
  15. mwl1119

I got my G2 as a replacement much like you got the 4G but (ugh I hate saying this) that $100 HD7 looks nice.

Being an avid Xbox live fan with a Netflix account are my main reasons.
  16. aequitas3

WM7 tho? i can understand xbox live...not too worried about the netflix....but other than that...why?! lol
  17. mwl1119

Because I already have Android phone most likely to receive updates available on T-mobile in the G2. Stock android, big dev community, and built by HTC tells me I am pretty safe in the android world.

In the end I will probably hold out for the new sidekick, as I am willing to bet it will be the first HSPA 42 device.
  18. mwl1119

I love this phone. Not one complaint other than the absurd amount of bloatware.
  19. j0hnh0lmes

Titanium Backup can remove the bloatware btw. Just go into preferences and enable Chuck Norris mode.
  20. mwl1119

Looks like the sale is over now the G2 says $100. The same price as the HD7, Cliq2, and Mytouch 4G.
  21. behold_this

that sucks. now the slide is free...i already have a free slide. oh well
  22. mwl1119

Yeah. Who wants that crap?