• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade question.

Hi there!

The Vodafone UK Magic is du for an update later this year, it's even been hinted to get the latest 2.2. Their is currently no official ROM you can download and install but future updates will be received OTA (over-the-air). So when it's due you'll just see a little pop up on the screen!

Enjoy

Carl

Upvote 0
My bad, i assumed you were on voda due to the HTC support link.

If your phone is a "with google" phone it will most likely be sent through OTA, if it is not a "with google" handset a downloadable ROM could be available or even be delivered over-the-air too.

What network are you on? Did you buy it sim-free or with a contract? does it say "with Google" on the back? :) These questions will help narrow down how your update - when ready! will be delivered.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I should have been more specific in the first place. The phone has the google logo on the back, and Vodafone on the front. I bought it second hand to use with my existing SIM. That's with Talk Mobile who use Vodafone's network.
I can't imagine them sending any upgrades though, they don't officially support that phone.

Here's why I suspect I won't be receiving any OTA upgrades

I wonder if one of these would work... Is the Vodafone unit physically different from the others?

Upvote 0
Thats the same as my handset :) Don't worry you will still receive the update due later this year from Vodafone - you don't even have to have a voda sim in the phone - you could have no sim and it will still receive the update.

A simple pop up will appear when one is due - if you want though in the mean time you could root your phone and change ROM's which have 2.1 & 2.2 features - then when a official update is due you could change to the official update :)

Sorry, I should have been more specific in the first place. The phone has the google logo on the back, and Vodafone on the front. I bought it second hand to use with my existing SIM. That's with Talk Mobile who use Vodafone's network.
I can't imagine them sending any upgrades though, they don't officially support that phone.

Here's why I suspect I won't be receiving any OTA upgrades

I wonder if one of these would work... Is the Vodafone unit physically different from the others?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones