• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Question

Edge1978

Aug 3, 2010
I have a question, an upgrade (on another line of mine) isn't due to June, no matter how many times I've called, even came close to cancellation (through the cancellation) department and the closest I got was getting the phone as an early upgrade ($99 + 200) and I refuse to do so.

However my Mom has (her own AT&T account) upgrade due and she said I am more than welcome to use her upgrade to get the phone. How exactly would that work? She added me as an authorized user so I can go myself on Sunday (which can't get here any slower it seems) but how do I put the phone on my line? :thinking: I never did this before.

I have a question, an upgrade (on another line of mine) isn't due to June, no matter how many times I've called, even came close to cancellation (through the cancellation) department and the closest I got was getting the phone as an early upgrade ($99 + 200) and I refuse to do so.

However my Mom has (her own AT&T account) upgrade due and she said I am more than welcome to use her upgrade to get the phone. How exactly would that work? She added me as an authorized user so I can go myself on Sunday (which can't get here any slower it seems) but how do I put the phone on my line? :thinking: I never did this before.

Is it the same account??

Upvote 0
That wont work then

To get the iPhone 4 I used one of the upgrades that my mom had on one of her corporate lines. So it can be done. All I had to do was tell their AT&T rep that I was using her upgrade but the phone would be activated on my account. As long as they lock someone into another 2 year contract AT&T doesn't care who uses the phone.

Reactions: Edge1978
Upvote 0
To get the iPhone 4 I used one of the upgrades that my mom had on one of her corporate lines. So it can be done. All I had to do was tell their AT&T rep that I was using her upgrade but the phone would be activated on my account. As long as they lock someone into another 2 year contract AT&T doesn't care who uses the phone.

Thats cool

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones