1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Upgrade - Razr Maxx HD or wait?

1. buns1525

buns1525 New Member

I have a Motorola Droid X2 and really have no problems with it. My upgrade is available though and it wouldn't be right for me to just let it sit there. My wife has the Samsung Galaxy S III, and while it is nice, it feels a little light (like the heavier phone) to me.

So, I was looking at the Moto Razr Maxx HD. The phone looks really good, and the reviews all seem positive. My question is, since it has been out for about 5 months, should I wait just another month or two for a different phone that may be even better. Let me also say that I don't root my phones, but after looking at a lot of theses posts, maybe I should :)

Problem is, I don't see any other phones out there that are "coming soon" that I'd have to have. The only other phone I've read about was the LG Optimus G, but that isn't on Verizon, and I have not seen the LG Optimus Blaze, which was supposed to be Vzw's version.

Appreciate any suggestions of cool phones that may be coming out (and no, not looking at an iPhone) that I may not be aware of. Or, if you have the Razr Maxx HD and really love it, let me know.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

One thing to remember is, something new is ALWAYS gonna show up. My brother in law has that one, and he likes it. I have the original Maxx. Other than replacing it three times because the headphone jack quit working, it's been solid. The HD Maxx is just faster and has a nice screen. If you're not in a hurry, it might not hurt waiting, but it's totally up to you. I know I'm torn between wanting another "maxx" kind of phone (if it's available) and leaving Motorola for Samsung when it's my upgrade time, which won't be until late this year or early next year.
  3. Sewer Dweller

Sewer Dweller Well-Known Member

If money isn't an issue for you, look up the Asus PadFone 2 (no specific carrier, check it out on the Asus website), works on several carriers including
    Verizon with 4G LTE speeds too. Quite pricey though, I call it the transformer phone.
    It's a phone, it's a 13MP camera, then there's a dock to turn it into a tablet, then there's a keyboard to turn the tablet into a laptop, twice as fast as the RAZR MAXX HD.

If it's within your budget and you want a Verizon branded phone, try the HTC DNA it's twice as fast as the RAZR MAXX HD...

If you happen to be short on cash and the RAZR MAXX HD is priced right, go for it.

New phones will always be coming out, if you wait long enough to see if a new one comes out and then you end up buying the latest, by the time you get you're phone, you're stuck with it and then a new one comes out.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

If I was going to do it today it would be the Razr Maxx HD. What hasn't quite hit the horizon yet is the Motorola-X. That is expected early summer.

All of these micro computers have numerous problems when they first come out and you go through diagnosis and repair over and over until the bugs get worked out.

If you like the repair cycle and having the newest device ... that is one route. The other route is to always get a device that has been out for 4-6 months so some else has found the bugs.

As far as voice is concerned ... the best is Motorola.

... Thom
  5. destes37

destes37 Active Member

Yeah! What he said :)