Upgrade Screen

Last Updated:

1. C12ASH

C12ASH Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I've been looking around for a while and was wondering if it's possible to change the screen in the Droid. I've looked up instructions on how to take the phone apart and found a HTC Desire Amoled screen that is also 3.7", does anyone know if that would be compatible? Thanks :D

Advertisement
  2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

as long as the connector is the same (which it probably isn't) and the mounting locations are the same (which, again, probably aren't) and it is the same thickness (which i know it isn't) it should be a straight swap.

good luck.

why the AMOLED anyway. the LCD on the droid is one of the best i have seen and i would take that over AMOLED any day.

3. C12ASH

C12ASH Member This Topic's Starter

Lol yeah I figured the connector would be the main hurdle. Really I wanted to go for a Super Amoled but couldn't find any that are 3.7". I was going for one since they are a lot more vibrant. You think the LCD looks better though?

4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

well that all depends on what you like. a lot of people, including myself, think AMOLED displays are TOO saturated and vibrant and really dont like the colors being so bright and vibrant. makes everything look fake, and while that isnt a bad thing on a user interface, any pictures or videos look completely over saturated and are not a true representation of the true colors.

i personally loved my OLED display on my zune HD, but that was only because the only other LCD i could compare it to at the time was a 1G touch which had a terrible LCD display. comparing it to my Droids screen, there wasn't much difference in the blacks, and the colors were much more natural looking.

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I think I would stick with the screen that came with it, IMO, it looks great anyways.