• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Software Or Get New Tablet???? MID Tablet PC

draddict74

Lurker
Apr 23, 2012
Hey all!

I've been a member of Phandroid for a while now after deciding to make the switch from iOS to Android thanks to you guys (boy am I glad I did!)...

I now own a Samsung Galaxy SIII phone which I LOVE and a Fusion5 10.1" tablet, which yes, is a cheap one, but which works just fine for what I need, the odd game, watching movies and reading books etc. I will eventually upgrade to a Galaxy 10.1 2 but I'm off on holiday next month so want to wait till after that...

Just so you know, my Fusion5 is this one (I know they are different names in the US aren't they?):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A1CS-FUSION...WKFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342775420&sr=8-1

...and while admittedly a little sloppy online, it does do everything I want it to... expect play Six Guns, which I have on my phone so its not the end of the world lol!

Anyway, I digress...

After getting lost in the wonderful world of Android, I wanted my little girl who is 4 to join me, I want to get her a 7" tablet which she can watch movies on and play games such as Angry Birds which she loves. My sister gave me my nephews old MID Tablet PC which has the following specs:

CPU: ARM Processor
OS: Google Android 2.2, Kernal 2.6.32, BUild Number V1.5.2

But it is still running the old Android App store which has naff all on it, no decent games, about 12 in total, no Angry Birds, and so on.

Is it worth my upgrading this software-wise, or should I go for a new tabelt altogether.

If I am upgrading the software, how do I do this and where can I find the upgrades? I also need to upgrade the App Store to Google Play Store if possible!

If I am buying a new one, which I am happy to do, I don't want to spend much more than

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones