Upgrade then Desire failed to load with Sense error

Last Updated:

1. gav_sw20

gav_sw20 Member This Topic's Starter

Had phone for 4 days and had a message advsing to update (4.6mb update if i remember correctly).

Actioned this and then the phone wouldnt load up and just stuck at the "Loading..." screen, and flagging an error relating to "Sense - htc.launcher.com" or similar.

I had to reset the phone using "volume down + power" buttons and all seemed OK. Then I restored from my SD card and it died again...I wonder if it way be something to do with the background image I was using that sense couldn't load with the new upgrade.

Any thoughts at all as never had any issues with my Hero and had this Desire for 4 days and had te reset twice already !

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

What sort of restore have you done?

If a factory reset fixed it, your issue is an incompatibility with your data. Restoring your data also restores the incompatability.

3. gav_sw20

Yes I did a factory reset, however when I restores from SD backup I didnot restore the HOME settings.

Fingers crossed it seams OK now.

I also had an app' on my HERO which allowed me to turn on/off the screen password display which I have not renewed either so I will monitor.

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

in confused?
    can you tell us what you are using to do the restore from SDcard.

5. gav_sw20

I was using "mybackuppro" to restore my apps and data that I had backed up previously on my Hero.

I extracted all apps / data from the sdcard onto my Desire when I when I got it last Friday, this was working fine for x4 days. Then I had a prompt last night when I went onto WiFi to perform an "upgrade" and then when my phone rebooted 5 minutes later I had all the problems with error messages re "com.htc.launcher" when loading the phone.

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

ok, sometimes these backup tools are not always the best as it allows people to also backup system settings, restoring these to a different build can often result in problems so its recommended to only restore the apps.

were you rooted before you attempted this update?
    is this an unbranded device or branded?
    do you have a goldcard?
    can you post the information listed in settings>about>software information.

Mod can you move this into the support section, the main forums getting hammered regarding the recent updates :p

7. gav_sw20

Ah I see, makes sense now.

No root
    HTC branded Orange desire
    No goldcard
    About: -