• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

- Upgrade time from the Nexus S 4g? -

nohoch

Lurker
Dec 17, 2011
Well, its almost time for my Sprint upgrade, stuck with the Nexus S and have loved every minute of it. Was thinking about getting a new phone with all the updated specs on roll out, but I want something that has the same feel as the Nexus S 4" screen etc. (so I thought) I played with the Iphone 5 from my cousin and thought that it was the size of the Nexus that I loved so much, but really its the design of the curved edges and sleek feel in my hand.

The Iphone not so much even though it was longer it was the flat edges that dont feel comfortably in my hand.

Thinking of upgrading just to get some better specs available but looking for something that feels close the shape (curved) of the Nexus S.

If not I guess Ill buy an Iphone to sell and keep the Nexus, I was just wondering if you current Nexus owners have played and/or upgraded to a newer phone and the experience.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at the S3 but fear it will not be comfortable in my hand due to the big screen, but open for suggestions.

Im going to go shopping and didnt know if you guys had suggestions of what you thought, or news of new android phones that will be realesed (I dont keep up to date) in the next 4-6 months or so.

(Sorry for such a long thread)

Reactions: toxaris71
I would suggest going to a store that has an S3 up on display and try feeling it in your hands. For me, the S3 is not too difficult to use with one hand, but I suppose the iPhone 5 would be more comfortable. I personally prefer the S3 slightly over the iPhone 5, but overall, both devices have very similar capabilities, so it mostly depends on if you prefer the apple ecosystem, or the android ecosystem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones