• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Time!

I hope that we all end up in the Sprint HTC EVO 3D forum together. We can continue our reign of helpfulness here and there. :)

The only thing that even slightly bums me out about the Sprint HTC EVO 3D is the 5 megapixel cameras, but megapixel count is not everything. I hear the CMOS on these cameras let in twice the light for better snapshots in low light situations. :cool:

Mine has a 8mp camera:p but no 3D:cool:

This new sense 3.0 is pretty cool though.:)

Upvote 0
Then perhaps Sprint's lawyers need to go back to school and re-learn the definition of "monopoly." :)

Also, Sprint could always merge with Verizon to compete. Kinda reminds me of the old Transformer cartoons where the robots would combine to beat the other giant robot, lol.

As I said in a post above, Verizon has already stated that they are not interested in merging with Sprint in response to the AT&T and T-Mobile merger. Verizon is actually doing just fine without Sprint.

I hope that Sprint just stays the value leader and continues to do better. I have really enjoyed my service with Sprint so far.

Upvote 0
Same here, and I have had each and everyone of these carriers and they all have there issues with service areas, so I guess it depends on where you live for the quality of service, but one carrier works good in Florida and then you go to another state and reception is bad, what I would really like to see is all the carriers work with each other allow all to use the cell towers, I think that would make a big difference IMO instead of them fighting for position

I hope that Sprint just stays the value leader and continues to do better. I have really enjoyed my service with Sprint so far.

Upvote 0
Well, hopefully I will be upgrading soon after the Sprint HTC EVO 3D is released. It looks like it may be a late June prospect. ;)

My wife will get my Sprint HTC Hero and its rooted and overclocked goodness. I can not wait for a dual-core handset, with 1 GB of RAM. :)

WOAH>>>>>GUIDE!!!! Hectic is Fancy now!~ :eek:

Edit.....and Andy..... Sheesh -Donb and I are a couple of N00bs...

Upvote 0
Yep, but we can do what we want, they have to set examples, LOL Woohah, lol I am with you Bro, I got your back, if anyone should have been promoted is you as you taught me ;)

WOAH>>>>>GUIDE!!!! Hectic is Fancy now!~ :eek:

Edit.....and Andy..... Sheesh -Donb and I are a couple of N00bs...

Upvote 0
Yep, but we can do what we want, they have to set examples, LOL Woohah, lol I am with you Bro, I got your back ;)

I do not think my posting style is going to change much from what it was before I was promoted. I was never a loose cannon to begin with. ;)

We all have one thing in common in that we just want to help people out with their Sprint HTC Hero handsets in this subforum. At the risk of sounding corny, together we can make a difference. :D

Upvote 0
I know and yes it does sound corny, but we love you man!! LOL

I am one that truly believes you guys deserve it and I have no issues with it at all, but I will see you on the other side as soon as the 3D comes out

I do not think my posting style is going to change much from what it was before I was promoted. I was never a loose cannon to begin with. ;)

We all have one thing in common in that we just want to help people out with their Sprint HTC Hero handsets in this subforum. At the risk of sounding corny, together we can make a difference. :D

Upvote 0
I am waiting for the release just incase, LOL you never know, by the way did you try leaving the Golf GPS app running for like 30 to 40 minutes to see if you get the reboots on CM7

Yeah. Those leaked Radio Shack flyers did not lie.

So, who here has a Sprint HTC EVO 3D preordered? I have not preordered one yet.

Upvote 0
I am waiting for the release just incase, LOL you never know, by the way did you try leaving the Golf GPS app running for like 30 to 40 minutes to see if you get the reboots on CM7

I did. I left them running on my way home from work which takes about the same amount of time.

I still got no reboots in CyanogenMod 7. I guess my Sprint HTC Hero is just blessed.

Upvote 0
K, I just came back from golf, but next week I will flash CM7 and try it and see, if not then I will Nandroid back to LS and use that when I play golf.

I did. I left them running on my way home from work which takes about the same amount of time.

I still got no reboots in CyanogenMod 7. I guess my Sprint HTC Hero is just blessed.

Upvote 0
Here you go, I got another email, it is official

attachment.php

Upvote 0
Here you go, I got another email, it is official

attachment.php

So, are you going to preorder yours DonB? I may wait it out a bit.

I have to call up Sprint and see about getting my upgrade back due to their Sprint Premier level shuffling a while back. I also need to switch my wife over to my Sprint HTC Hero and hopefully they will not penalize me the $10.00 extra per month for her line considering it is the same ESN.

Upvote 0
I will wait in case something else comes out that we don't know about, you never know and don't want to be committed, so I am not in a rush, and it will depend on the agent you get, even if it is the same ESN, the fact that you will switch the number on it they will want to charge you the $10 extra per month, if you get grief from them, tell them you want to be transferred over to Account Services to discontinue your service, then once they do so, then you cry to them, and I am sure you will be able to convince them, they will not want to loose your business ;)

Upvote 0
My plan runs out in Oct. and when I originally got the plan they discounted me $20/month extra (those were in the Sprint lean days). So I plan to keep my HeroC until then. Besides, AOSP GB+Firerat run so nice right now, I'm afraid to change anything. Right now I'm tending toward the EVO 3D, rather than the Nexus. HTC seems to have a better rep for Android than Samsung.

Upvote 0
I wish I could do the same, but I have no choice now, LOL ;)

I think I might hold off on picking up a Sprint HTC EVO 3D a month or two and let the initial production run work out any kinks. Call me cautious. ;)

By that time, the bootloader will hopefully be unlocked via an OTA update. Eh, who knows, maybe I will change my mind and try to grab one sooner. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
By that time, the bootloader will hopefully be unlocked via an OTA update. Eh, who knows, maybe I will change my mind and try to grab one sooner. :D

For what it's worth, I had to switch to Verizon a few months ago due to poor signal on Sprint at our new house. I am using the Motorola Droid X, which has a locked Bootloader. It is rootable, modable, and there are roms, (but all are based on the stock rom). But really, the processor is fast enough, there is lots of internal memory and the recently released OTA GB is very nice. Can still overclock and undervolt. However, many previous Rooters are very happy with the phone as it is stock GB. On the Hero, it is almost a requirement to root to make it usable these days. The newer phones, locked bootloader and all, start off with so much better specs that the urgency to root is not as great.

The locked bootloader does limit your options some, but many may not feel the need to.

BTW, I wouldn't count on the bootloader being unlocked via OTA any time soon. Just my opinion, however. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones