• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Time!

I just got back from a board meeting from the HOA, so I am beat and have not had much time to play, but I will all day tomorrow, so I will report back manyana, in the meantime I have to call the Sprint store tomorrow to cancel my order with them, LOL, I can tell you this the bit I did have with it the phone flies and the Sense 3.0 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet simply have to get use to using sense again, LOL and the keyboard have to get use to putting the space after every word, LOL I will have to install my Swype again tomorrow.

/me is JEALOUS!!!!!

Upvote 0
I just got back from a board meeting from the HOA, so I am beat and have not had much time to play, but I will all day tomorrow, so I will report back manyana, in the meantime I have to call the Sprint store tomorrow to cancel my order with them, LOL, I can tell you this the bit I did have with it the phone flies and the Sense 3.0 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet simply have to get use to using sense again, LOL and the keyboard have to get use to putting the space after every word, LOL I will have to install my Swype again tomorrow.

Don't worry about not using an AOSP rom, believe me, you'll forget about AOSP roms soon enough. Sense 3.0 is something:D

Upvote 0
The funny part is when I activated last night and then went to sign into Gmail, I know I unchecked for it to download my apps from the server, and it downloaded them all anyways, I stopped half of them in the process. LOL I just now went to privacy and unchecked it again, LOL, I hope I don't have any issues with GV, when I downloaded it and set it up, it asked me something I never noticed before something about integrating Sprint and GV together, hope I don't have the issues like those with there text when receiving them on both apps, LOL While at work later on today I will start setting it up, I have both Gmail accounts added to the exchange app, but I was hoping to see both accounts at the same when you click on the icon, but only shows one, shows both if you click on the accounts tab, maybe I download K9 to see if that is better, would prefer to see all accounts set up and with how many emails in each.

Don't worry about not using an AOSP rom, believe me, you'll forget about AOSP roms soon enough. Sense 3.0 is something:D

Upvote 0
I can tell you boys when you receive your new toy, you will be impressed. you can delete most of the Sprint Bloatware from the application settings. you have a built in task manger, pretty neat, did I tell you the Sense 3.0 is sweet, lol 3D pics are pretty amazing, transition between screens are smooth and neat, and you can keep on scrolling. So far I wish the speaker could be a little louder, Blue tooth works great so far, no lag on calls like we had with the Hero before I rooted.

Upvote 0
I can tell you boys when you receive your new toy, you will be impressed. you can delete most of the Sprint Bloatware from the application settings. you have a built in task manger, pretty neat, did I tell you the Sense 3.0 is sweet, lol 3D pics are pretty amazing, transition between screens are smooth and neat, and you can keep on scrolling. So far I wish the speaker could be a little louder, Blue tooth works great so far, no lag on calls like we had with the Hero before I rooted.

Yep, Sense 3.0 is pretty nice:) Have you set up your HTC Hub account yet? There are a few things that are worth downloading;)

Upvote 0
No I have not, I have been really busy with work and the HOA, and I have family coming in town tomorrow, but I will give it a look today while at work, another thing I want to check is live wallpaper, have not checked that out for kicks and grins. I assume you have to sign up for the HTC Hub ??

Yep, Sense 3.0 is pretty nice:) Have you set up your HTC Hub account yet? There are a few things that are worth downloading;)

Upvote 0
No I have not, I have been really busy with work and the HOA, and I have family coming in town tomorrow, but I will give it a look today while at work, another thing I want to check is live wallpaper, have not checked that out for kicks and grins. I assume you have to sign up for the HTC Hub ??

Yep, set up your account. You can also use it as a phone finder if your phone gets lost or stolen.

The weather live wallpaper is pretty sweet:D

Upvote 0
Will check it out, is it stock in our phone or do I need to download it, and love the option of the phone finder, as I did notice yesterday glancing through the phone they I saw something about a phone finder and said to myself, how the heck do you use this, now I know, LOL

Yep, set up your account. You can also use it as a phone finder if your phone gets lost or stolen.

The weather live wallpaper is pretty sweet:D

Upvote 0
I am getting a little tired of signing up for a new account for every service. That being said, HTC Hub seems worth it for the smartphone finder service.

I think it can back up things on your handset too. I saw that Sprint had made most of the bloatware uninstallable which is really admirable of them and something that every carrier should strive for.

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
Had to create a new account, would not use my HTC login info I had, checked all the add ons, also set the weather live wallpaper, pretty neat. and activated phone finder before I go home. Now assume you have to login to HTC hub from the PC to use the phone finder ??

Yes, you login from the HTC Hub website I believe. Then you can track it and there is probably an option to wipe it too.

That reason alone, makes it worth signing up. Of course, there are good third party apps that offer this for free as well.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Yes, you login from the HTC Hub website I believe. Then you can track it and there is probably an option to wipe it too.

That reason alone, makes it worth signing up. Of course, there are good third party apps that offer this for free as well.

I use Lookout but it's always nice to have a backup:D All this important info on the phones, I believe these things are important if the phone gets lost or stolen

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Umm don't see a HUB section on there site, simply HTC, am I missing something ??

Does lookout allow you simply to use the locate option ??

Andy do you keep the 4G antenna on ??

When I'm at home, I have a solid 4G signal so when I'm there, I leave it on all the time. I don't see a big battery decrease by leaving it on. Plus, it definitely lets me know when I'm scanning for 4G and that's where I see a big battery drain;)

As far as Lookout is concerned, I have the premium version so you can lock down the phone or wipe the phone from your pc or another phone

Reactions: LBPHeretic and DonB
Upvote 0
Thanks bro, I had found it, I was looking under HTC HUB instead of sense, pretty kool, you can make your device ring from the site if you know it is on the house somewhere without having to call it

I think you can find it here: http://www.htcsense.com/ .

Just select your country and off you go. It should be in there somewhere.

Upvote 0
As I can see you can do the same from the HUB kool, thanks again, saves me time researching this with this weeks crazy schedule, I should really have posted this in the EVO section, but this way the Hero jumpers may learn a few things before they switch over, again did I tell you how much I love sense 3.0, OOPPSS yes I did :D I am waiting on the Cat to chime in, I bet he is line line first thing this morning to get his phone :)

As far as Lookout is concerned, I have the premium version so you can lock down the phone or wipe the phone from your pc or another phone

Upvote 0
Thanks bro, I had found it, I was looking under HTC HUB instead of sense, pretty kool, you can make your device ring from the site if you know it is on the house somewhere without having to call it

Now all they need is a "clapper" app, so that I can clap on and clap off my handset at night before I go to bed. HTC, I just gave you a free idea. :D

Just kidding. My handset stays on all the time unless I am rebooting. :p

Upvote 0
As I can see you can do the same from the HUB kool, thanks again, saves me time researching this with this weeks crazy schedule, I should really have posted this in the EVO section, but this way the Hero jumpers may learn a few things before they switch over, again did I tell you how much I love sense 3.0, OOPPSS yes I did :D I am waiting on the Cat to chime in, I bet he is line line first thing this morning to get his phone :)

Enjoy your new phone DonB, if you're ever in Ohio, ring me up, I'll go play a round of golf with you:D

And yes, you told us how much you like 3.0. :D

Upvote 0
attachment.php

Attachments

• Locator.JPG
    Locator.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones