• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Time!

attachment.php

That is pretty cool, but it raises an obvious question. Can HTC use this to track your whereabouts?

I mean, I guess you would have to turn it on for that to happen, but it seems like they could if they wanted to. Not that I am the type that wears a tinfoil hat, but with all the location data collection news we have been hearing lately, I think it is a legitimate question.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded lookout also, and I was able to disable all and simply leave the locator on, and you can enable the rest when you want, kool.

Indeed. Plus, the other thing to think about is when you are not on a Sense UI ROM, the locator service probably does not work.

A third party solution may be the best idea. I will definitely be looking into it.

Upvote 0
Its pretty cool - Sense is going to take some getting used to.
I really don't care for it. But will play along for now.
LP is there if I can't take it! HAHA

Smooth Fast as hell - 3d works well - does get my stomach going a bit.....But - i will get used to it.

Store - they had 6 staff on hand....I walked in at 5 after 8 - one guy was there before me. 9 pre-orders - they got 40 phones.
Talked to the Rep and the manager about root. they are booth Keeping track of XDA - waiting. The Store advocate hasn't done any OTA's because he was afraid he wouldn't be abe to root! LMAO!

Upvote 0
LOL, you will get use to sense again, I did to be honest with you and love it again, I love it so much I did not make LP my default launcher for no, I simply wish sense you make a dock station for there launcher, that would be sweet.

Its pretty cool - Sense is going to take some getting used to.
I really don't care for it. But will play along for now.
LP is there if I can't take it! HAHA

Smooth Fast as hell - 3d works well - does get my stomach going a bit.....But - i will get used to it.

Store - they had 6 staff on hand....I walked in at 5 after 8 - one guy was there before me. 9 pre-orders - they got 40 phones.
Talked to the Rep and the manager about root. they are booth Keeping track of XDA - waiting. The Store advocate hasn't done any OTA's because he was afraid he wouldn't be abe to root! LMAO!

Upvote 0
LOL, you will get use to sense again, I did to be honest with you and love it again, I love it so much I did not make LP my default launcher for no, I simply wish sense you make a dock station for there launcher, that would be sweet.

HAHA- Agreed - Got rid of that Damn HTC FLip clock added
TAJMclock/battstatt to home page and took everything else off.

All my important apps and power control widget are a swipe a way.
I am a minimalist on this thing

Upvote 0
I also wish we had the option to use 3 screens, I also am using Multicon on one page with all the shortcuts, saves me room and time, you figured they would look at other launchers and learn from there options.

HAHA- Agreed - Got rid of that Damn HTC FLip clock added
TAJMclock/battstatt to home page and took everything else off.

All my important apps and power control widget are a swipe a way.
I am a minimalist on this thing

Upvote 0
It looks like I might have missed the boat on getting my upgrade back. Apparently, Sprint is not offering it anymore after July 1st, which was yesterday.

I will probably still give them a call come this Tuesday to see if I can get it back, along with an upgrade for my wife's line. I think I can get a $70.00 customer loyalty credit for renewing the contract early too and that would bring the cost of the Sprint HTC EVO 3D down to $129.99.

Upvote 0
Why wait, call them up now and they won't ship it until Tuesday anyways, this phone is worth every Penny IMO

It looks like I might have missed the boat on getting my upgrade back. Apparently, Sprint is not offering it anymore after July 1st, which was yesterday.

I will probably still give them a call come this Tuesday to see if I can get it back, along with an upgrade for my wife's line. I think I can get a $70.00 customer loyalty credit for renewing the contract early too and that would bring the cost of the Sprint HTC EVO 3D down to $129.99.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones