• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Time!

I have noted this day in history, your Hero will not be happy, LOL :p, looking forward to your feedback when you get it

I just ordered my Sprint HTC EVO 3D today and got the month free credit for renewing early, which essentially made it $70.00. Hopefully it will arrive on Monday. :)

My wife upgraded to a Sprint HTC EVO 4G today at RadioShack for $29.99. She is very pleased with it so far and I guess that means you will be seeing me more in that subforum, andygu3. ;)

Upvote 0
I have noted this day in history, your Hero will not be happy, LOL :p, looking forward to your feedback when you get it

I received the tracking for my forthcoming Sprint HTC EVO 3D already. It does not have any information yet, but I am still hoping for a Monday time frame. ;)

Haha. Yeah, I will be keeping my Sprint HTC Hero though. It will definitely still get some love. If the developers can get Ice Cream Sandwich onto it, my handset will get that ROM flashed too. :D

Upvote 0
When I first bought My hero,I kinda thought I had inferior product{the Evo first came out and hard to get and long waiting list},and after reading and doing some of the tips and tricks,I came away with whole different attitude.My Hero has been the best little phone I have ever had,I was getting signals in WY,AZ,UT,CO NM,CA,in some very desolate places.It might not have as many bells and whistles as some other phones,but for my usage,it was wonderful.I have upgraded to the Evo3D and am comparing and using the Hero as a measuring tape.If something should happen to this EVO,I wouldn't hesitate to put my Hero back in service.It's been a workhorse and pretty rugged and durable.:):):)

Upvote 0
When I first bought My hero,I kinda thought I had inferior product{the Evo first came out and hard to get and long waiting list},and after reading and doing some of the tips and tricks,I came away with whole different attitude.My Hero has been the best little phone I have ever had,I was getting signals in WY,AZ,UT,CO NM,CA,in some very desolate places.It might not have as many bells and whistles as some other phones,but for my usage,it was wonderful.I have upgraded to the Evo3D and am comparing and using the Hero as a measuring tape.If something should happen to this EVO,I wouldn't hesitate to put my Hero back in service.It's been a workhorse and pretty rugged and durable.:):):)

A very nice post, indeed. I still love my Sprint HTC Hero and it continues to serve me as a Wi-Fi connected Internet device and one that I will continue to tinker with as newer versions of Android get released, as I know the support for older Android devices never truly goes away.

I also upgraded to a Sprint HTC EVO 3D and it is a great handset too. I can only hope that it lives up to the experience I had with my Sprint HTC Hero, and follows in its footsteps.

Upvote 0
Aright, it is my turn to decide on which phone I should upgrade to. I have been holding off for awhile now but my gf have decided to buy me a new phone for my birthday. So here are three phones that I'm deciding on (what I like and dislike about it). If there are other phones I should consider, please let me know.

1. HTC Evo 3d - In general, I like this phone the most. The appearance and the feel to it is nice. I like Sense UI. Seem to have the most support in custom roms (I want the ability to tether my phone). I don't care much about the 3D part, but I do care about 2D picture/video quality (I wasn't too impress with my gf's HTC Evo camera). So if you guys can let me know how are the qualities like on it, I would appreciate it. And also, how is the battery life, that's another thing that really concern me. I want a phone that can last me the whole day with medium to heavy usage.

2. Motorola Photon - Overall, I wasn't very impress with this phone when I saw it in the store. I didn't like the looks of the phone, especially the corner edges. And the UI just doesn't seem to appeal to me like Sense UI. The one thing that makes this phone stand out is the worldwide capability. I travel to Taiwan occasionally, so having this feature might come in handy. And lastly, it has 8mp versus 5mps on the EVO 3D (I know mp doesn't mean everything. Does anyone know which one takes better pictures?)

3. Samsung Galaxy SII - Based on the videos I saw on the internet, the screen on this phone looks amazing. And the form factor is also very sleek and thin. But does Samsung phones have same amount of developers creating custom roms compare to HTC phones? And to my knowledge, the release date hasn't even been announce yet. So don't know how long I have to wait for this phone.

So what do you guys thinks? Are there other factors or phones that I should consider? Thanks

Upvote 0
If you want something now, go with the Sprint HTC EVO 3D or Sprint Motorola Photon 4G. I would go with the Sprint HTC EVO 3D, and I did, because of the hardware specifications and because the bootloader has already been unlocked by the development community.

If you can wait until September, then you can do a comparison of those two handsets with the Samsung Galaxy S2. That handset has quite a potent chipset as well, but it does sport a lower resolution than the Sprint HTC EVO 3D at WVGA versus qHD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones