1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Upgrade to 2.2.1 on MAC

1. adelgado1974

adelgado1974 New Member

ok, so I have the LG Optimus M and I think is awesome...

The only bad thing is that I don't have a windows based computer neither at home or office.

I want to udate to 2.2.1 but can't do it or ...rather...don't know how to do it on a mac.

Does anyone know??

How about Linux??

Advertisement
  2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

There is practically no good reason to upgrade to 2.2.1. It basically just makes rooting more difficult. I think it changes Gmail slightly, but is also known to slow everything down. In case you were thinking you were missing out on something, you are not. The 2.3 upgrade (if we ever get it) will probably be worth it.
  3. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

if you have 2.2 then there is no reason to upgrade. Use z4root to root your phone and your good.

The point of the 2.2.1 update is to disable the z4root method. There isn't anything added to 2.2.1.

The reason for the 2.2.1 root method is because the new Optimus M phones come with 2.2.1 from factory.

don't know about a linux version but what you can do is get Virtualbox and run virtual windows to to upgrade if they dont have an update for mac.