• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade to 2.2.1 on MAC

There is practically no good reason to upgrade to 2.2.1. It basically just makes rooting more difficult. I think it changes Gmail slightly, but is also known to slow everything down. In case you were thinking you were missing out on something, you are not. The 2.3 upgrade (if we ever get it) will probably be worth it.

Upvote 0
ok, so I have the LG Optimus M and I think is awesome...

The only bad thing is that I don't have a windows based computer neither at home or office.

I want to udate to 2.2.1 but can't do it or ...rather...don't know how to do it on a mac.

Does anyone know??

How about Linux??

if you have 2.2 then there is no reason to upgrade. Use z4root to root your phone and your good.

The point of the 2.2.1 update is to disable the z4root method. There isn't anything added to 2.2.1.

The reason for the 2.2.1 root method is because the new Optimus M phones come with 2.2.1 from factory.

don't know about a linux version but what you can do is get Virtualbox and run virtual windows to to upgrade if they dont have an update for mac.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones