Upgrade to 2.2 from rooted 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've done a couple searches but can't seem to get a straight answer. I have a rooted stock 2.1 on my Incredible. Works great and I've installed the wireless tether app. If I download the official upgrad.zip file and upgrade, will this work or brick my phone? I don't have clockwork or any other rom managers installed.
    Thanks and sorry for asking, but I couldn't get any good answers in my searches.

Advertisement
  2. vico-c

vico-c Active Member

I received the OTA and when I tried to install it on my rooted incredible the phone power cycled, then I seen a graphic; an exclamation point with a little green android guy. I pressed the power button again after a few minutes of it just sitting there with that graphic and the clockwork recovery mode popped up instantly as if it were in the recovery mode the whole time. I rebooted my phone through the clockwork reboot option and I still have 2.1 and I checked the system update and it tells me "my system is up to date". I don't know what happened or if I will get the update again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

3. sanderscm2

sanderscm2 Active Member

Same thing for me, except I got an install failed message.

4. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 Member

I had the same problem, update came before I unrooted and I let it try to install. I believe it had a problem with a non-stock bootloader. I followed the unroot directions here: http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/99828-video-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html
    Then I had to update the ROM following this:
    Then I updated to the New Froyo Zip.

5. vico-c

vico-c Active Member

Is this flashing a new Rom? Because I thought all this did was reflash the stock recovery. But I'm not too sure still kind of a noob so if we could get a noob break down that would be awesome and deserve a thanks!