Upgrade to 4g LTE ProcessTips

Last Updated: 2011-03-08 08:29:00
  1. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane Well-Known Member

I am not sure why they wouldnt be able to activate a 4g sim on your line then have a software update done... This sounds like such a pain in the butt...
  3. Sauk

Sauk Well-Known Member

I agree, so basically everyone single person that buys one will have to send it in for at least a week. WTF is that all about? What happens if it turns into two weeks? So disappointed.
  4. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Yea, not too thrilled about this either. HUGE pain in the butt.
  5. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

Well it's either wait a few months for a xoom or lose it for a week but have it now. I'll enjoy it now.
  6. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Well-Known Member

The radio needs to be physically swapped out. My guess would be they're still fine tuning it.
  7. Carmen

Carmen Active Member

How do you get the prepaid fedex bag? Anyone know?
  8. Tosa90

Tosa90 Well-Known Member

When they did a teardown of the Xoom they found a dummy card in place of the actual card that enables 4g. So when you send it in they are going to actually take your device apart and replace that placeholder with the real 4G radio. When you get it back it you will probably have to go to Verizon and upgrade to a 4G data plan and that's likely when you will get the SIM card for the device.
  9. inkdesigner

inkdesigner Well-Known Member

From Motorola Xoom
  10. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

When I ordered mine it was an upgrade from a netbook and they automatically upgraded me to a 4G data plan.

Just wish it was an unlimited data plan like my phone.
  11. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Verizon already confirmed Xoom owners will be able to keep their 3G pricing and plans after the upgrade.
  12. mntbighker

mntbighker Well-Known Member

They are depending on 4G gobbling up data faster and making them money on data usage. It's up to the owner to avoid busting their quota. There is no reason they need to force a 4G plan on anyone.
  13. Tosa90

Tosa90 Well-Known Member

OK, that was a poorly worded post. I know it isn't required, but to get the SIM IF you choose to change to a 4G plan you will likely have to go to a store since the SIM is attached to your individual number.