Upgrade to D2 or not?

Last Updated:

1. Yonnor

Yonnor Member This Topic's Starter

So i have the option of saying my Moto Droid is damaged and getting it replaced with a Droid 2.

My question for you all is do i take the opportunity?

I love my Droid but am not sure if i wanna deal with getting used a new phone.

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Based on your signature that says you are not rooted and using launcher pro, then I would say yes. The D2 doesn't offer as many ROM options but if your not rooted now, that won't effect you. The D2 is faster and has more Memory. Go for it.

Yonnor likes this.
  3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

agreed. if you don't care about roms and overclocking (which if I had had a droid 1 I would have been all over) then the droid2 will be an improvement for you. i believe the og droid on 2.2 is clocked at 600mhz and the 2 at 1ghz and doubling the memory is huge. Keyboard is supposed to be better as well.

if you ever have any inclination that you may get into the whole rom thing though I would stay away given the hideousness of the locked bootloader, otherwise you ll enjoy the upgrade.

Yonnor likes this.
  4. Yonnor

Yonnor Member This Topic's Starter

im tempted to root, but im not techie, and fear i would brick my phone. so yeah D2 seems like the best bet. thank you guys for the help

5. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

I'm loving my Droid 2 but I never had the original Droid. The "almost-one-click" root is a breeze and makes it very very hard to brick the phone. If you get the D2 and decide to root, feel free to hit me up with any questions. :)

Yonnor likes this.
  6. GeorgeinLA

GeorgeinLA Well-Known Member

I've compared them side-by-side, and the D2 definitely has a far superior keyboard, and it's faster.

Yonnor likes this.
  7. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I had the D1 and the D2 is definately better overall. Faster and keyboard is great.
    Definately go for it!

Yonnor likes this.