Upgrade to Froyo

Last Updated:

1. vimleshsh

vimleshsh New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everybody,

I am using Europian unlocked htc hero and it got Android 2.1 update 3 weeks back OTA, is it possible to update it to Android 2.2 through rooting and with any custom ROM available? I have never done rooting and new to it, would it be possible to to get it back to original factory settings after rooting? Please help.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

There is a version of Froyo for rooted devices, but its in its early stages, it seems pretty stable to me, it does not have SenseUI, the default camera wont work, and Facebook syncing is a pain to intergrate, and battery life is not amazing, but thats rooted roms for you.

Goto the Villain ROM forums to read more.

3. ZombieDuck

ZombieDuck New Member

Nagged HTC and got this.

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to your question. We are not allowed to speculate or discuss any updates to any product or service that has not been officially announced first via our website. Sorry I can't answer that one! I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required
    To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number.
    Sincerely,
    Jason
    HTC

4. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

I'm running FroydVillain 1.1.1 and am impressed with how fast and stable it is! Definitely fine for everyday use.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Lets face it, HTC are never going to release Froyo. And if they did, it would probably take them til 2015.

Froyd Villain on the other hand, is awesome :)