Upgrade to Gingerbread (Asia)Support

1. nix0609

nix0609 New Member

Hi, I'm a first-time Android user from the Philippines. I want to manually upgrade my Mini (Froyo), but the latest firmware available on the Internet is for Europe (S5570XXKPK, CSC - S5570SERKPK). Can I use this with ODIN to upgrade my phone even if it is originally from Asia?

My current phone version is:

PDA: KC1
    PHONE: KB1
    CSC: KC1

Samsung Kies offers an update to

PDA: KG2
    PHONE: KB1
    CSC: KG1

but I'm having a hard time upgrading with it. Any advice? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, I heard that if I use a Europe firmware, Kies won't detect my phone anymore. Can I use CSC from an Asia firmware to get around this issue?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sph21

sph21 New Member

Hi,

I am from Indonesia and gingerbread for asia is still not available right now. But I've upgraded my firmware to european gingerbread version. Samsung Kies still able to detect my phone. It's unupgradeable via Kies now, but it's no problem.

I believe that it's very risky to upgrade it online via Kies because if the internet connection terminated while you're upgrading, you'll brick your phone. I used Odin. It's easier.
  3. giri189

giri189 Active Member

SAMFIRWARE has S5570ZSKPB version of Gingerbread for Asia :) Has anyone tried it??!!
  4. CCLim

CCLim New Member

my hp current firmware when connect to Kies

PDA:KP4 / PHONE:KP4 / CSC:KE3 (SER)

My friend
    PDA:KG2 / PHONE:KG1 / CSC:KG2 (XME)

the problem with my hp is that its drain battery too fast than my friend hp. Both hp is also samsung galaxy s plus type. The different thing is that my friend purchase in samsung retailer while im buying the hp online and supposed the hp is AP set (approved permit??). Even without using my hp, the battery only can last for about 17h (w/o using it!!) while my friend can last about 2 days plus ++. Any recommends? Im samsung users from Malaysia.
  5. androidhaka

androidhaka Active Member

My Samsung GALAXY POP current phone version is:

PDA: KC1
    PHONE: KC1
    CSC: KC1(TML)

and kies shows me same (updated).

So, is it really updated? means have i have gingerbread?
  6. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

7. alvin.durant

alvin.durant Member

Hey yagya my current firmware version is PDA:KG2
    PHONE:KB1
    CSC:KG1

my samsung galaxy mini is asia can i upgrade it using the latest european version S5570XXKPK?

I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER. THANKS!
  8. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

9. alvin.durant

alvin.durant Member

10. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Read this out, it has details on Flashing custom roms.
    Handy Informations: How to Flash a Custom Rom in Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570?
    :)
    CM7, ANdro-id, MinimodX, enomaN, vanilla are five custom roms available for galaxy mini. CM7 is the best among them so, you can try flashing it... Read this:
    Handy Informations: Flashing Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 in Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570.
    If you have doubts feel free to ask....
    Enjoy flashing!!!:)
  11. alvin.durant

alvin.durant Member

WEEW! is CM7 a stable and faster rom than gingerbread 2.3.4.
    Does bluetooth and wifi works in CM7?
    THANKS!
  12. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

13. alvin.durant

alvin.durant Member

i've flashed my mini to CM7 but i found it unstable. i've troubles sync my gmail account to download apps from market and battery issues. have you tried the other four roms that you mentioned previously, and can you give me the links for each rom and what are the procedures in flashing them. thanks!
  14. digi23

digi23 Active Member

Firmware for Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam released !

Gingerbread S5570DXKPD

Samsung S5570 Galaxy Mini Firmwares..

Firmware for Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam released !

Gingerbread S5570DXKPD

15. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

I guess you didn't flash gapps so you are having trouble with gmail and market .. Jut flash gapps from goo-inside.me/gapps --Get latest one form there for CM7-- and then flash it in CWM recovery as you flashed CM7. THen you will get option to enter your email as well as install gmail, market, youtube and other apps....

Try this. It will work for sure.... You can find the other roms here:
    Galaxy Mini Android Development - xda-developers
  16. digi23

digi23 Active Member

17. alvin.durant

alvin.durant Member

18. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

19. mosaceky

mosaceky New Member

Hey, i need to upgrade my galaxy mini to gingerbread. Problem is, i don't know if i can upgrade using the European version as am from Africa. My firmware is;

PDA: KA5
    PHONE: KA2
    CSC: KA3

Thanks in advace.
  20. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Last three digits are not enough details.... THey tell you which version of firmware you are using but fail to tell your location or region. At least include 5 digits....

Anyway, If you device is carrier/sim unlocked then you can flash european firmware or any firmware --you can search in samfirmware to see if your region firmware is available or not? --:)... It probably will work.. :confused:

Read this if you are having trouble Upgrading to Gingerbread....
    Handy Informations: Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570 to Gingerbread 2.3.4
  21. mosaceky

mosaceky New Member

Yagya, the last 5 digits are JVKA5 for pda and JXKA2 for phone. I have tried looking at samfirmware for my region's firmware but i didn't see any. My mini is unlocked.

I have read your handy Info and Its very informative. I've already started downloading the various files for upgrading. One last question, which of the two would you recommend, 2.3.4 or 2.3.7?:)
  22. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Ok!! Now you are confused :confused: The 2.3.4 and 2.3.7 are different thing and if you want 2.3.7, 2.3.4 is compulsory.

Either use 2.3.4 (European Version recommended) Or if you want 2.3.7 do this:
    First flash 2.3.4
    Install Clock work Mod recovery
    Then from CWM recovery flash 2.3.7.
    You can info at yagyagaire.blogspot.com . You can use search bar at the top right to find specific info.... :)

Hope it was clear :)
  23. mosaceky

mosaceky New Member

Now i get you:)...thanks for the clarification.
  24. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Glad you understood!! :) Enjoy playing/experimenting with your phone... But, be careful :)
  25. mosaceky

mosaceky New Member

I successfully upgraded it. And it didn't even take more than three minutes. The next thing i want to do is root it...(still thinking about it)