Upgrade to ics now or waitSupport

1. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

Based on the issues that people are having after upgrading to ICS I was wondering if it would be a good idea to just wait until Asus can sort out the bugs and put some patches in place. What do you all think?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I'd do it, whilst the reboot thing is annoying, it only happens when the tablet is locked/sleeping so it's when you're not using it anyway. It can be a pain, but not an ICS dealbreaker.
    lunatic59 likes this.
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I agree with El_Pres, ICS isn't perfect, but it's quite usable - and in my opinion a big step up from HC.
  4. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

Have to second that. My earlier thoughts on the issue for what its worth.

http://androidforums.com/4004817-post192.html
  5. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

weird... i have not had one single issue at all with mines...not a glitch, not a reboot, not a force close...

and im even rooted ICS 4
  6. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Same here, no problems at all, I love it, just wish face unlock was available
  7. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

Okay, I decided to go ahead and do the upgrade. The problem is I don't see and upgrade as available. I have tried checking for any upgrades the last couple of days and my TF keeps saying no upgrades are available. Anybody have any ideas why this is so?
  8. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it, especially if you are may possibly use the transformer as an alarm. Otherwise it's not a major thing to put up with the FC. I don't think I notice all the reboots anyway. They just happen
  9. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

This. Not rooted:D
  10. blaw918

blaw918 Active Member

i did manual update to ics and no problems so far. no force close and no problems so far.i have bb0 m#
  11. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand why, as of today, that there is still no ICS update available when I check. I went to the Asus page with the upgrade info but not being a computer person it looked a little intimidating. That's why I have been patently waiting, apparently to no avail.